Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1 of the 30 Day Challenge and my PB2 Review!

Today officially started the 30 day Summer Shakedown Challenge! I have 3 girls doing it now and I'm so excited for them! I text each of them this morning with a word of encouragement and a tip of the day! One of the girls text me back and said she tried TurboFire and it was...and I quote..."that was 1027477282 times better" than the other program she used to do! I love converting people to my FAVORITE workout ever!It's just such high energy and the music makes you want to workout! Jeez please just click the TurboFire link to the right because the video speaks for itself!!! Now my diet on the other hand wasn't 100 percent today because I was at my grandparents. Now I love them to death, but fudge, ice cream, and chinese food are staples at their house. It's really hard to say you want something that they have to go out of their way to fix. So I had general tso's and ate very little. I fixed my unhealthy lunch option with a nutritionally power packed Shakeology for dinner. One thing was a little different with this Shakeology than any other I have had so far...PB2.

I learned about PB2 from other coaches and customers in the business but never really did any research til lately. I looked online and the prices are reasonable but the shipping is a little pricey. Luckily I found a local store that carries it. They had one left and said that they sell out like crazy. So note to self "stock up the next time they are in!". I was a little skeptical at first...would powdered peanut butter live up to my desire for creamy delicious peanut butter? and the results are in....IT DID! I could taste the Peanut Butter right away! It was a little more gritty than usual but I think if I try and mix the PB2 with the water first it would be better. Either way it was a great way to get my favorite taste of Peanut Butter with 85% less fat and only 45 calories compared to 190 in regular peanut butter. I will forever use this unless for some horrid reason I run out before I can get more! My tip for the day is learned from the Japanese and is about portions and fullness and is called "Hara Hachi Bu". It's about stopping eating when you are only 80% full because your stomach is probably really 100% full. This has helped the Okinawan's live longer and healthier than any other people in the world! This by chewing your food at least 20 times before swallowing or taking sips of water in between bites! I hope to visit Okinawa some day to not only visit a fellow coach and internet friend Tarah Carr, but to also learn secrets like these from the healthy and fit elderly there!

No comments:

Post a Comment