Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Calorie Intake Goal

Ok so I've been a yo-yo dieter for YEARS...pretty much from when I was 12 on...thats ten years of dieting ugh! Even in those ten years I think almost every day of dieting I cheated atleast once...a fudge piece here, chips there...and so on. Well today I can say that I recorded EVERYTHING I ate and I am in my calorie goal! You have no idea how excited I am! It gives me hope that this can continue and I can reach my weightloss goal! I can't wait to be under a size 8...something I have never fit into in my life...ok I might have been able to when I was 4 and was a twig (another only time in my life I could say that). What started me on this goal path you may ask? A fellow BeachBody Coach Tarah Carr. I have never had the chance to meet Tarah before but she is a coach under my coach Lauren Knight. This year she qualified as a contestant for the Million Dollar Beach Body Challenge. She went from a size 14 to a size 4 in 120 days. I was blown away. Then I got to thinking, she is no miracle, she put the concept of mutrition and fitness together to reach her goals. I knew that now I saw someone, like me (I'll explain just how), who reached the goal I wanted to achieve. Tarah isn't a single mom like me, but in essence she is. Her husband is in the military and was gone the whole 120 days she went through her transformation. I'm a single mom with 3 jobs (Beachbody and two others) and I'm also a full time student. I use this as my excuse a great deal of the time. I say I don't have time to workout or that I'm so drained by the time I get home that I just don't have the energy left. So I sat down and create a schedule for everyday of the week. I SCHEDULE my workouts. If I'm having a busy day I put it in the morning or afternoon so I am not too tired when it comes time. If I literally don't think I can workout with out sacrificing my sleep time down to 6 hours or less, I incooperate my workout into my daily tasks...ex: pushups while waiting for laundry at work, doing a workout with a client during PT job, standing and walking during front desk, lifting weights while reading my HW, or squating while folding laundry. Small things all day long that can add up to a calorie burn equal to a 30-45 minute workout. So the next time you think you don't have time to workout, try being in my shoes lol. So please help encourage me on this journey because I'm going to need it on the days that all I want to do is go to bed, or read a book, or actually watch the cable that I for some reason still pay for!

No comments:

Post a Comment